Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Lai lai ci ci kang

I’m writing this in between sipping my laici kang and eating my nasi kerabu on my study table in my hostel room. I’m not eating so much of my nasi kerabu, it being my favourite Kelantanese staple, but I’m paying more attention to my drink. This being the first time I ever drank laici kang. Go ahead, you can point at me and go ‘what??’ This drink never appealed to me, ever. I don’t know why suddenly it crossed my mind to actually buy it when I was buying buka puasa/dinner at the Ramadhan bazaar today. Maybe my curiosity got the better of me. So yeah, this drink…it’s actually really good. I mean, hunger and thirst amounting to starvation and severe dehydration not affecting judgement, it is good! And it’s a drink that really occupies me. You would ask why. Well it’s got all this stuff in it like barley and selasih and cincau and winter melon and mata kucing… But wait, if you’ve had laici kang before, you’d know all this. Okay. (que: point finger and laugh loudly) Fine, so I’ve found life’s little pleasures in a mug of laici kang; made even more pleasurable when you manage to sedut the last bit of barley or selasih with a straw. Haha! I love Ramadhan. For all the wrong reasons, but I love it anyway.

Because I know Shidot reads me on a regular basis, here’s a message for you babe.
So what if you can shop next to Sienna Miller and smell her hair, go terrorizing the Spaniards because you’re scarier than a bullfight, travel across Europe to go mabuk with Hammy while she spends taxes the average working Malaysian pays… You’re missing out on the good ol’ Ramadhan bazaar! You can hate me now! But hey, let’s go on a one month beach bum holiday for our graduation present to each other. I miss you. And i love you, i do. But NO RAYA SONGS!! I'm not going to email you Raya songs. NO!

1 comment:

misz inzane said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwww....
baliiiikkk kampuuunnnggggggg... oh oh oh baliiiiiiikkkkkkk kammmpunnnggggg

shit, i dont have the energy