Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Fishes and the Ocean

fishing...err..

i have to constantly remind myself of what i'm going to write. because what i do is that normally, i've thought about what i'm going to write and then settle down to write it. but the thing is sometimes the thought doesn't hold fast to my memory and it slips so i have to step back and retrace that bit. *sigh* just too much on my mind sometimes.

i can only remember fishing. oh yes, and an engagement. okay i'm back. here we go.

old memories were refreshed when i was at my uncles house recently. he and my dad had somehow gotten into a conversation about fishes and fishing. literally, okay. no hanky-panky. so then he got out all his precious fishing gear and tackle box. damn. hardcore fishing enthusiast! there are certain tactics to fish, i've learnt. different types of reels, rods, and strings.
my uncle was telling us how he caught a few Siakap. oh, then i remembered the time i went fishing with my dad and his friend. it was boring at first, none of us got anything. after a while, my dad got one, his friend got one. i still had an empty pail. then by luck, i got one! yes, me. i was about 10 or 11 at that time. and it was a whopping 2.1kg Siakap. hah! i can catch fish.
listening to my uncle and dad tell fishing stories made me feel like i'd want to go out on another fishing trip soon. my uncle said he'd like to take me and my brother out fishing one day. awesome! a whole day out in the sun, on a boat in the middle of the sea. i can almost smell salt and seawater. i live just 5 minutes away from the sea and yet, i hardly go to the beach.
i'll wait for the fishing trip. quality time with my dad doing what we like.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

engagement.

my uncle's nephew got engaged recently. he's only 24 and had started work only a few months. i wonder why get engaged at a very young age. no wait. that wasn't what i was wondering about actually. it was more of the length of time these two people have known each other.
5 years. since he was 19! and now he's 24 and they're engaged! phooey.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

ocean vacation.

my infatuation with the sea goes deeper than the cliched "sun, sea, sand".
it's the mere vastness of the ocean, how it never seems to end, how it goes right to the edge of the horizon and you know there's more beyond.
the sea can be a body of calm and soothing water, but at a twist of fate, nature turns itself around and the oceans become devastating. the little waves you used to run after turns to engulf a whole town and leaves it wrecked.
the same ocean that gives fisherman their pay, turns upon them and chokes them in a storm.
the whole idea that something beyond beautiful can be as deadly as God demands it to be.

i hate my writing style today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love sea!!!

hehehehe...

anyway i will be performing my with dragon red on the 4th of december (this sunday) in midvalley exhibition center. dragon red will be launching their album...the event starts at 6pm and will end at 8pm.

do drop by if you can la..

hehhehe....your one and only chance to watch me embarass myself in front of hundreds of ppl live on stage...

hehehhe....

cheers!